Sunday, January 8, 2012

To Blog or not to Blog...

I've thought about blogging for a while (apparently since 2009, according to Blogger, who informed me that I'd already started, but never named or actually wrote in, a previous blog. I blame sleep deprivation). Shortly after having O in 2010, as I thanked God for sending us the third of these three incredible, amazing, longed-for children, I realized that, if I didn't do something to manage my stress, I was going to lose.my.ever.loving.mind.

Wine helped some. Still does at times. Other helpful stress relievers: yoga, meditation, exercise, beer, vodka, tequila, and well, who am I kidding, I'm really not that picky at this point. But, of course, alcohol is never really the answer to stress, especially when you consider that, every morning, I have three children with whom I have to get up, feed, dress, nurture, inspire, read to, play with, encourage, yell at, clean up after, feed again, dress again, clean up after again, yell at again, cry over, put in age appropriate time out that Super Nanny would be proud of (and hope it makes up for all the yelling) clean up after again (are you kidding me?!), and generally be the center of existence for. Besides, no one wants to be the hung-over mom that the other moms talk about at the bus stop.

So, as much as I might like it to be, wine cannot be my stress reliever all the time, and writing comes in a close second. So here I am.



Copyright 2012 Author of The NBO Chronicles. All Rights Reserved. No reproduction without permission.. Simple template. Template images by luoman. Powered by Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment